And the Top 5 Ways to Support Them
It’s always been a good idea to support local businesses. Now, during these uncertain times coming out of a pandemic, it’s even more meaningful to support local businesses. As a local southeast Michigan company ourselves, The Carpet Guys want to help our customers understand why local businesses are important.
The Why for Supporting Local Business
The Carpet Guys are located in South East Michigan. When customers purchase from our business, either for flooring services or just to purchase a remnant, they are supporting more than just a company! By purchasing our U.S. manufactured flooring, your money stays in our country. All our installers, Design Consultants and employees, live and work in the local communities. We spend our earnings with other local businesses and are invested in the well-being of our communities and their futures. Also, our owner, Joe Zago is an advocate of giving back to local charities that support those in need in our local communities. And when you support local businesses like The Carpet Guys, they have a smaller carbon footprint on our fading environment.
The How for Supporting Local Business
These are just a few of the most important reasons we believe you should support local businesses. But one of the hardest things to figure out is HOW can we support each other?
- Purchase food and supplies that are grown or made in your local communities. Look for restaurants that purchase locally or try shopping at a local farm
- Understandably, it’s easy to walk into a big box chain like Home Depot or Walmart to do your shopping. Consider shopping at a small nursery where the plants are grown in your area. Try a hardware store where the customer services is always ready to help or “mom & pop” grocery store.
- When you know that special gift you want to give your child or a loved one, search it on the internet to see if it is available in the area you live. Or, support the small business sellers on Amazon by searching your item but then leaving Amazon and going directly to their site to purchase your product.
- Visit a local restaurant, not a chain. Local restaurants are more likely to be supporting local businesses than national chains. It’s estimated twice as much of your dollar (up to 88%) spent at a local restaurants stays within the community.
- If you own a small business in Michigan, think about advertising with The Glove. Or look for advertising in your local area. These advertisers understand the needs of their local communities and can help you advertise to those needs!
The Carpet Guys support local in every way possible! We even have other local home improvement companies we would recommend. This gets you away from sending our money to big box chains. Check out Basement Waterproofing of Michigan, Majestic Home Solutions or 1-800-PAINTERS
For all your new flooring needs, don’t hesitate to call 855-4-MY-GUYS (855-469-4897). You can also set up your Free In-Home Estimate online and we will send our showroom to your door. Thank you for supporting us and all your local businesses!
The post Why Local Businesses are Important: appeared first on The Carpet Guys.