Walnut flooring can look elegant and stunning in the right style of home. The dark and rich brown tones of Walnut can really transform your home by giving it a feel of luxury and sophistication. Its elegance speaks for itself.
Rooms where I can use Walnut flooring
We would recommend using Walnut flooring in bright and airy rooms with light coloured décor. This will really give you an amazing contrast between the floor and the furnishings. If your room is too dark, the walnut could make it look even darker.
However beautiful the dark flooring is, be mindful that it isn’t the hardest floor covering. The species of wood is fairy soft, so needs to be cared for properly.
Here are some of the rooms where you can use it:
- Hallways – remember to remove shoes before walking on the floor
- Dining Room
- Living area
- Children’s bedroom or nursery
Engineered Walnut Flooring
How should I look after it?
As walnut flooring is slightly softer than other hardwood floors, you do need to take extra care with it. Here are a few things that we recommend that you do.
- You should always remove any outdoor footwear before walking on your Walnut floor.
- Use doormats at all external doors
- We recommend that you use felt protector pads on the bottom of all furniture
- Sweep away any dust or dirt on a daily basis
- You should clean your Walnut floor with a pH neutral floor cleaner
- Wipe away any spills from the floor straight away
For more details about looking after your floor, please read our Wooden Floor Care and Maintenance Guide.
If you would like to order some free samples of our Walnut flooring, it allows you to look at the floor in the comfort of your own home. This way, you can make sure that it matches your décor and furnishings before ordering.
Engineered Lacquered Walnut
The post Where can I use Walnut flooring? appeared first on The Wood Flooring Guide.
This post appeared first on https://www.ambiencehardwoodflooring.co.uk