If you plan on installing laminate flooring in your bathroom, you may want to explore a few more options before making a final decision. Laminate flooring, though it is water resistant, it is not waterproof.
If you desire a look of wood or tile that works well with water, then we recommend Luxury Vinyl Plank or Luxury Vinyl Tile. Read on to learn why we don’t recommend installing laminate in a bathroom.
LVP: The Perfect Bathroom Flooring
Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) and Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) flooring succeeds in wetter areas that other flooring won’t. Since laminate flooring is made with wood components, high humidity levels from your bathroom can cause damage. LVP is made of just that, vinyl. Similar to the plastic that your water pipes are made of.
Luxury Vinyl flooring comes in many colors and styles. To achieve a wood-looking floor in your bathroom, go with an LVP. There are also Luxury Vinyl Tiles for a tile-look, without the cost and labor of ceramic tiles and grouting.
LVP is a great flooring selection for bathrooms for many reasons including:
- Water Resistance – Vinyl products resist water much more effectively than natural wood products do. The tight interlocking of the planks also prevents water from seeping down into your subfloor.
- Easy Maintenance – Keeping your vinyl plank flooring clean is simple. Mop from time-to-time, and your floors will look like new.
- Durability – Many vinyl products are durable and wear well. Your flooring will continue to stand strong against your household activity with some proper care and maintenance.
- Budget-friendly – Vinyl products are less expensive than most. You can get the wood look you want at a fair and affordable price.
It’s safe to say that vinyl products make the best flooring for bathrooms, but it won’t perform it’s best without a proper installation.
Schedule your Free LVP estimate today!
If you’re ready to have beautiful vinyl bathroom flooring installed, give The Carpet Guys a call today. 855-4-MY-GUYS (855-469-4897) or schedule a Free In-Home Estimate.
Flooring is what we do, and we guarantee you’ll get the best flooring performance with us at your side.
With The Carpet Guys, you’ll gain many benefits including:
- Free vinyl flooring estimates are available all week long
- Affordable pricing on high-quality products
- Expert installation from the best installers near you
- Complimentary decorating advice
- Multiple samples for you to view in your own home
- So much more!
The post Can you put Laminate Flooring in a Bathroom? appeared first on The Carpet Guys.