There are so many advantages of having engineered wood flooring. It not only gives you a timeless and elegant floor, but it is versatile and more cost effective than solid wood. Having a wooden floor will give you a luxurious feel to your home, and engineered wood flooring is a great option as it has many advantages.
Main advantages of engineered hardwood
- You will immediately notice that it is less costly than solid hardwood flooring
- Once you have engineered hardwood flooring installed it is difficult to tell apart from solid wood
- It does have a real layer of hardwood on top (this is the part that you see)
- Engineered wood is far more resistant to fluctuations in temperature and humidity than solid wood flooring so it can be used with underfloor heating systems
- It is a dimensionally stable product so you can install it in a variety of ways which suit your needs, e.g., loose laid over an underlay or fix into position
- Usually, it has a click fitting system, making it quick and easy to install
- You will find a range of wood species, styles, colours, finishes and plank widths to choose from
- Engineered planks of flooring can be longer and wider than solid wood flooring
- It is easy to keep clean and take care of
- You can choose either plank style or parquet block engineered wood flooring
- It will last for decades if cared for correctly
Engineered Chocolate Oak Flooring
What exactly is it?
Engineered wood flooring is basically wood flooring that is made from a top layer of real hardwood, and base layers of plywood which give it stability. You don’t actually see the base layers once it has been installed, so it looks exactly like solid wood flooring. However, the base layers make it more dimensionally stable, meaning that it is far more versatile than solid wood flooring.
To find out more, see: A Guide to Engineered Wood Flooring
The post Advantages of having Engineered Wood Flooring appeared first on The Wood Flooring Guide.
This post appeared first on https://www.ambiencehardwoodflooring.co.uk