You will want to keep your wooden floor looking fresh and new. It is really important to use the correct cleaning products on a wooden floor. This will eliminate the risk of damage, and ensure your floor is clean and fresh. Wooden floors can look amazing, but you must remember that it is a natural product and needs to be looked after carefully. There are some great products to clean your floor with, however, there are also a lot of products that can cause more harm than good.
Which cleaning products can I use on my wooden floor?
The best things to use are:
- Brush or broom with a soft bristle
- Vacuum cleaner – only if it has a wooden floor attachment
- pH neutral wooden floor cleaner – we recommend Bona Cleaning Spray
- Microfibre mop – we recommend Bona Spray Mop
- Mop and water – no excess water, the mop should be wrung out fully
Bona Spray Mop for wooden floors
How should I clean my wooden floor?
Firstly, you should start by sweeping your wooden floor daily. This will remove any dust, dirt or grit from the surface. Once it is dust free, you can clean your floor with a pH neutral wooden floor cleaning solution. This will be gentle on the wood, but strong enough the remove and stubborn marks. You do not really need to clean your wooden floor every day, just when needed.
What should I avoid?
The following products could cause irreparable damage to your floor. You should avoid them at all costs:
- Never use a steam mop – the steam will penetrate the wood and cause damage
- Bleach or other abrasive products should be avoided
- Anything cleaning products that are corrosive or acidic – even of they say they are suitable for wooden floors
- Excess water can soak into the floor and damage the wood
- Furniture polish – this will make your floor very slippery and it’s hard to remove
For more information, have a look at our Hardwood Flooring Care and Maintenance Guide.
The post Why it is important to use the correct cleaning products on a wooden floor appeared first on The Wood Flooring Guide.
This post appeared first on https://www.ambiencehardwoodflooring.co.uk