Vinyl flooring has become the most admired flooring option in recent times. It is also used in kitchens and bathrooms as it is waterproof and is easy to clean. When taking the price in consideration, it is much less and it gives a very comfortable and a warm feel when walked on. Vinyl flooring can look great and maintain its unique shine by taking necessary care by cleaning it regularly.
How to Clean Vinyl Flooring?
To keep your vinyl flooring clean and be able to maintain the look, we suggest you follow the below instructions of Do’s and Don’ts:
- Always keep your floors free from dirt and dust.
- Vacuum regularly
- Before wet mopping make sure to sweep with a broom to remove hair, dirt and dust.
- Place door mats near entryways to stop dirt from getting in
- When moving heavy furniture across the room, make sure to place a rug underneath to avoid scratches on your floor.
- Make sure you place felt pads under the furniture legs to prevent dents on your floor.
- The best way to clean vinyl flooring is to use plain warm water and mop the place.
- If spills occur, clean up immediately
- Best way to deep clean vinyl floors is by using vinegar. Vinegar helps to remove the grit and dirt. After mopping, it doesn’t leave a soapy affect to the floor.
- If the floor is very dirty, try adding a few drops of dish wash liquid to the mixture of vinegar and warm water, and mop the place again.
- Can add a few drops of baby oil to the mix of vinegar and water to give your floor a shine.
- Does you floor have stubborn scratch marks, take jojoba oil on a cloth and wipe the area till the marks disappear. Then clean the place with vinegar and water.
- Mix baking soda and water in to a paste and rub the stains caused by ketchup, mustard sauce, juices or any other stains caused by food. Rub it till the stain disappears and wipe the area with a damp cloth.
- Stains caused by ink, dye or cosmetics can be removed using alcohol and a soft brush.
- Crayon marks everywhere?? Use mineral spirits to clean up
- Use mineral spirits to clean up stains caused by paint or sketch pens
- Use nail polish remover to remove stains caused by nail polish.
- When vacuuming vinyl floors never use the power nozzle, this can harm the floor.
- Do not use rough scrubbers or steel scrubbers on your floors
- Never use polishes or wax
- Never use detergents; they can be very harsh on the floor.
- Do not use ammonia based cleaning solutions as this can cause your floor to crack.
With just a little time, energy and the proper know-how, you can keep your vinyl floors clean and shiny for years to come.
The post Vinyl Floor Cleaning and Care appeared first on Express Flooring.