Engineered wood flooring is a great choice for many reasons. It is a great investment and will instantly add a natural warmth and feel of luxury to your home. There are many reasons why we think you should choose it, but here are the top 5 benefits of engineered wood flooring:
Benefits of Engineered Wood Flooring:
1. It is a natural, beautiful floor covering
With engineered wood flooring you are still getting a natural flooring product. The surface of the planks of flooring is real wood. This is the part you see, so it looks exactly the same as a solid wood flooring when fitted. You will get all of the beauty and luxuriousness of real wood floor along with the added benefit of an engineered product. There are different species of wood to choose from. Why not have a look at our Engineered Oak or Engineered Walnut flooring.
Oiled Engineered Walnut Flooring
2. Versatile in use and installation
Because the planks of flooring have been engineered, they have a base layer which gives the flooring dimensional stability. The underneath of the plank has been designed to offer more stability and versatility. Engineered wood flooring can be used in different ways to solid wood. By choosing engineered wood, you have the options of:
- Floating over an underlay
- Fixing to the subfloor
- Using with underfloor heating
- Installing in rooms where temperature changes, such as conservatories
For more detailed information on installing your wooden floor, see our Installation Guide.
3. Adds value to your property
Any type of wooden flooring will add value to your property. Hardwood floors are seen as a luxury and have the added benefit that they never go out of fashion. You can simply change the décor of a room to re-vamp its appearance, without the need to alter your floor. If a wooden floor is looked after and cared for properly, it can last for decades.
4. Easy to look after
An engineered wooden floor is extremely easy to look after. Once it has been fitted you will want to keep it looking fresh and new. Simply follow a cleaning routine of:
- Sweep your floor on a daily basis with a soft brush
- Clean your floor with a wooden floor cleaner. We recommend doing this at least once a week, but more often if required
- Always remove outdoor or dirty footwear
- Use felt protective pads to avoid scratches and dents
- Wipe away any spills or dirt from your floor immediately
Bona Spray Mop
5. Less costly than solid wood flooring
Engineered wood flooring is significantly less costly that solid wood flooring. This is mainly due to the amount of hardwood that is used to produce the planks of flooring. Engineered wood has a top layer of real wood, rather than the whole plank.
Here are some of our most popular engineered wood floors:
Cross section of engineered Oak Flooring
This post appeared first on https://www.ambiencehardwoodflooring.co.uk