If you have a wooden floor, you will find it really easy to clean and look after. The key to maintaining the beauty and elegance of your wooden floor is keeping it clean and dirt free. Hardwood floors are fairly resilient, although can accidentally be scratched and dented if you allow dirt, grit or stones to lay on the surface. We would recommend a quick sweep every day, especially if it is a busy are like a hallway or living room.
Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Clean away dirt, dust or grit from your wooden floor by sweeping with a soft brush. We would recommend doing this every day, so that your floor is always dirt free.
- Ask people to remove their footwear when walking on your floor. This will help to prevent any dirt reaching your floor in the first place. It will also reduce the number of scratches and dents that your floor is likely to get.
- Clean your wooden floor with a specially formulated cleaning product. It should be designed to be used on hardwood floors, and ideally use a microfibre mop too. Have a look at our cleaning accessories here. You don’t need to clean as often as you sweep. We would advise cleaning once a week, or more often if you think it is needed.
- Always mop along the grain of the wood. You can use a simple mop, bucket and water for this; however the mop must be fully wrung out as excess water can damage the wood.
- Be aware of any water spills, stones or other dirt on your floor. Try to clean them away as soon as possible.
Top tips to clean your wooden floor
- Firstly, follow a simple routine of sweeping and cleaning on a regular basis
- Use products that are suitable for a wooden floor
- Wipe up any spills or liquids from the surface of the wood
- Be careful when sweeping – use a soft brush to remove dirt
- We love the Bona Spray Mop – is it easy to use, gentle and effective
- Remember to never use a steam mop!
- Also, don’t use products that could damage your floor, like acidic or abrasive cleaners
- Have a look at our Care and Maintenance Guide for more advice and tips
The post The best way to clean your wooden floor appeared first on The Wood Flooring Guide.
This post appeared first on https://www.ambiencehardwoodflooring.co.uk