Stone effect laminate flooring is a synthetic floor covering that has been designed to look like stone or tiles. Laminate flooring is essentially a high-quality photograph of another floor, in this case stone or tiles. Your range of choices are almost endless, so you are sure to find something to suit your room and style of décor.
What exactly is laminate flooring?
So, laminate flooring is a man made, synthetic floor covering. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to imitate the appearance of a stone or tile floor. Laminate is extremely versatile and durable. It has a stable, strong base, which is topped with a high-resolution photograph of stone or tiles. Finally, a protective and scratch resistant top layer is added.
Why should I choose it?
We think that there are many reasons why you should choose stone or tile effect laminate flooring. Here are just a few:
- Firstly, laminate is much more cost-effective than real tiles or stone. Perfect for anyone on a tight budget.
- You will find that it is strong and hardwearing. A great choice for busy areas in your home, especially as it is resistant to scratches and stains.
- It is much easier to install than real stone or tiles. You basically click and lock the planks of laminate together over the correct underlay.
- Another great reason is that laminate is usually water resistant. However, some types are 100% waterproof, so make sure that you choose the correct one.
- You can use stone or tile effect laminate flooring with most underfloor heating systems. Always check with the manufacturer first.
- It is very low maintenance and hygienic, therefore easy for you to look after.
- Finally, the designs are very authentic and genuine looking. They really do resemble stone or tiles.
Our favourite stone effect laminate flooring choices:
Classic Travertine Stone effect laminate
If you are looking for a classic stone looking floor with a natural colour then check out this one!
Dark Slate Laminate flooring
For a dark slate flooring, this could be the perfect choice
Light brown ceramic laminate flooring
For a more natural floor with contrasting shades and tones, you might want to look at this.
The post Stone Effect Laminate Flooring appeared first on The Wood Flooring Guide.
This post appeared first on https://www.ambiencehardwoodflooring.co.uk