Now is the perfect time to look after your outdoor decking and Osmo Decking Oils are great products to use. Wooden decking can really transform a garden or outdoor area, but you will want to look after it each year to protect the wood from the outdoor elements. The spring or early summer is the perfect time to do this.
How should I protect my decking?
- Firstly, you will need to prepare the surface of the decking by removing any furniture, toys, plant pots or other objects.
- You must ensure the decking is clean and dry before you start oiling the surface. Ideally sweep and wash the decking and allow it to dry naturally.
- Choose the right Osmo Decking Oil for you. We stock a range of Osmo colour stains and clear oils.
- Remember to stir the tin of oil before use. One of the great things about Osmo Decking Oil is that it is ready to use straight from the tin. There is no need to mix or add anything to it before you start.
- Apply the first coat of oil with a brush. We would recommend using the Osmo Decking Brush Set.
- Once the first coat has been applied allow it to dry naturally. This could take approximately 12 hours (subject to outside temperature and conditions).
- When it is completely dry you can apply a second coat if needed. If you wanted a slip resistant finish to your decking, use Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil for the second coat.
- Make sure the surface of your decking is fully dry before replacing garden furniture or plant pots.
This is just a quick guide to Osmo decking oils so please always read the manufacturer’s instructions and product information fully before use.
Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil
Why should I use Osmo Decking Oil?
Osmo is a well-established and reputable brand. Their decking oils give a slight satin finish that is water and dirt resistant. It allows the wood to breathe, whilst being fully sealed and protected. Here are some of the reasons why we think you should use Osmo Decking Oil:
- There are a wide range of colours to choose from.
- The oil is safe for animals and plants once it is fully dried.
- It offers a water and dirt resistant finish.
- It protects to wood so that it will not crack, flake or peel.
This post appeared first on https://www.ambiencehardwoodflooring.co.uk