All types of hardwood floor are extremely easy to look after and keep clean. We often get asked, ‘What is the easiest way to clean my hardwood floor?’. Especially from people with a new hardwood floor. Once it has been installed, you will want to keep your floor looking fresh and new.
The easiest way to clean your hardwood floor is to stick to a regular cleaning routine.
A cleaning routine doesn’t have to be hours of sweeping, dusting and mopping. If done correctly and regularly, it can take just minutes out of your day. We would highly recommend that you take the following advice:
- Sweeping your floor on a daily basis will remove any dust, dirt and pet hairs. Consequently, you are less likely to get scratches and dents on your floor if it is kept dirt free. Use a soft bristle brush to sweep your wooden floor.
- Only use a vacuum cleaner if it has the correct attachment for a wooden floor.
- Wiping away spills or liquids from the surface of your floor can help to prevent water damage.
- Cleaning your floor regularly will keep it looking fresh and new. We would recommend cleaning your wooden floor at least once a week to restore its lustre and shine.
- Always use a cleaning product that is suitable for hardwood floors. Also, use a microfibre mop as it is delicate but effective on the surface of your floor.
Best products to clean my hardwood floor
There are so many different cleaning products on supermarket shelves that it can get a bit confusing when deciding which one to use. Our top recommendation is:
Here is why we think it is the best product to clean your wooden floor:
- Simple to use
- Quick to assemble
- Has a built-in spray cartridge on the handle
- Cleaning solution is ready to use
- Removable microfibre cleaning pad
- The cleaning pad is machine washable
- The cleaning solution is specifically designed for wooden floors
- Rotating head to reach into difficult areas
Bona Spray Mop for Wooden Floors
This post appeared first on https://www.ambiencehardwoodflooring.co.uk