Traditionally we think of Christmas colors and decorations as typically being red and green but, has 2020 been very typical? No. This year the trends for holidays are very upbeat, bright, and creative!
Decorating the House
Okay so first on the list, wreaths. Having a wreath hanging on the door of your home is often a Christmas/Winter staple. This year we are seeing asymmetrical wreaths. An example is a ring type wreath with Christmas foliage on one side of the ring draping down. It is very stylish and trendy.
Next, Christmas cards; how the heck do you display them? Many of us just get a nice long ribbon and staple or tape our cards in a neat line and hang them. Well, have you considered hanging them on a wall or door in the shape of a Christmas tree? You can create one large one or ornate two or tree walls in the house the same way if you like!
This year we are also seeing unusual tree skirts. Using something as simple as corrugated paper, a chunky knitted blanket, or even repurposing an old iron sink basin covering it with new paint and glitter! Oversized Christmas bulbs and thick, heavy garland continue to be a trend. This season is no different! If your room allows, go big! Another trend we are seeing is rustic accents. Incorporate some plaid fabric in your garland or even a plaid tablecloth! Or get creative with a rustic wood holder for your firewood.
One of the major staples of the Christmas season is obviously the Christmas tree. Are you one of those trendy, fashionable folks who likes to create a themed masterpiece? This year the Christmas tree decoration trends are:
- Pastel colors – soft, muted, tender, elegant ornaments combined with gold balls or stars for a soft glam accent.
- Flower ornaments- a very decorative, beautiful, and bright trend for the season reminding us of a fairytale.
- Fancy bright colors with toys on white fir branches that excite children and keep the theme light and funny.
- Light and neutral color scheme – white, gray, beige tones with silver accents and a touch of glitter.
- NEON! MERRY AND BRIGHT! Break all the stereotypes and get a hold of turquoise! It is the color of 2020!
- Wood and clay- wood beads, wood bulbs, figurines made of natural materials. This creates a warm, soothing atmosphere.
And now for the big question…when do you put the tree up?
Do What You Feel is Best
In other words, there are no rules for decorations but the one thing we tend to observe is the earlier installation of festive or more plain pines and fir trees. However, now the trend has shown that the festivities start as soon as November and folks then do not decorate ornate trees until the first of December.
If you plan to purchase a fresh cut tree the recommendation is to wait at least until December 1st.
In conclusion, 2020 has been stressful enough! Do not stress the holidays! It is time to make your own rules and create a festive, happy atmosphere in your home as soon as you wish!
If you’re looking to spruce up your flooring for the holidays, don’t hesitate! Be wise and call The Carpet Guys for all your flooring needs. Schedule a Free in-home consultation today.
The post Decorating for Christmas appeared first on The Carpet Guys.