Yes, of course you can have a wooden floor if you have a dog. In fact, hardwood floors are great for pets as they are durable, hygienic and easy to clean. Here is why a wooden floor is a great choice:
- Firstly, it is easy to clean. You can easily wipe away dirt and sweep away pet hairs. A hard floor, like wood, has nowhere for pet hair to linger and collect up. The hair is easily visible and takes no time at all to sweep away.
- Secondly, you are choosing a natural and characteristic floor. Hardwood flooring matches most types of décor and colour schemes.
- Finally, you are getting a floor that is reasonably durable and hardwearing. Enough to withstand the daily wear and tear associated with a dog.
Things to remember of you have a dog
Here are just a few tips and reminders if you have a wooden floor and a dog.
- Place door mats at all entry doors. This will help to catch any dirt, mud or water on the dogs paws (or your shoes). It might also be handy to have an old towel to hand to wipe down dirty paws.
- If your dog has an accident, it is best to clean and wipe it away straight away, otherwise your wooden floor could become stained and damaged.
- Sweep your floor on a regular basis to remove pet hair. This is a quick and simple job, and much easier that vacuuming a carpet.
- You might want to add a rug to your wooden floor to give your dog somewhere warm and comfortable to lie down and rest.
- Avoid softer species of wooden flooring, like Walnut. This can scratch and dent much easier than harder types (like Oak). If you are looking for a natural floor that is harder than Oak, have a look at Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring.
The post Can I have a wooden floor if I have a dog? appeared first on The Wood Flooring Guide.
This post appeared first on https://www.ambiencehardwoodflooring.co.uk